The Board of Woodward Hill Cemetery welcomes all visitors. Please be respectful of any services that may be underway while you are here.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Main Entrance (at 501 South Queen Street) is open to visitors daily.
7:00 AM to 6:00 PM (May 1st through October 31st)
7:00 AM to 5:00 PM (November 1st through April 30th)
ADMISSION TO THE CEMETERY
The Cemetery grounds and buildings are the private property of Woodward Hill Cemetery. The Cemetery reserves the right within its sole discretion to compel all persons entering to have proper identification, require all vehicles to drive at a speed not exceeding five m.p.h. and to refuse admission to or use of any facility at anytime to any person or business when the Cemetery may deem such admission or use of facilities are contrary to the best interest of the Cemetery and its holders of burial rights.
All persons should behave in a considerate, dignified and respectful manner while on the premise of the Cemetery and in its facilities.
From Route 30 (due to current construction on the Fruitville Pike and in downtown Lancaster, the directions below are a good alternative):
- Follow Route 30 to the 23 W - Walnut Street exit
- Take Walnut Street west for 1.4 miles
- Turn left on North Broad Street for 0.3 miles
- Continue on South Broad Street for 0.6 miles
- Continue on Chesapeake Street for 0.9 miles There is an entrance to the Cemetery on Chesapeake Street.
- At the corner of Chesapeake Street and Queen Street (one-way) turn right. The main entrance is in 0.1 mile.
Arriving from the south (from the PA - MD line):
- Take 222N for five miles into Wakefield
- Take 272N for 14.3 miles at the split between 222N and 272N
- Continue on 272N for 4.5 miles (the road name will change from Willow Street Pike to Highland Avenue to South Queen Street)
- The main entrance to the cemetery will be on your right at 501 South Queen Street.